This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
It’s almost time for Valentine’s Day, folks!
For some of you, me saying that gave you a feeling of excitement about making a reservation at a fancy restaurant, getting dressed up, and having a fun night on the town.
For others of you, me saying that brought a feeling of fear or worry because as much as you’d like to be able to do those things, they just aren’t in your budget.
Not to worry! I have your list of perfect, inexpensive Valentine’s Day date ideas that you can choose from right here!
- Shop together and then cook dinner together at home. (My husband and I have had some of our most fun times by cooking together.) Make it a new recipe you’ve been wanting to try. Then enjoy your lovely meal over candlelight. And I don’t usually say this but the dishes can wait until tomorrow!
- Turn down the lights and snuggle up on the couch while watching a movie together.
- Create a scavenger hunt for each other. This can be in your home or outside by needing to travel around for it. I did a scavenger hunt for my husband’s 30th birthday. I had so much fun putting clues around the house for him to find.
- If you’re in the right climate, have a picnic in the park.
- Put down a blanket on your family room floor and have a picnic right there.
- Go for a walk by a river or lake.
- If you live in an area where this is offered, you may be able to make a reservation at White Castle. Yes, this is a real thing, folks. And even tradition! You can read more about it here.
- Play a board game. You can even make it a little more “interesting” if you want 🙂
- Play cards.
- Do a craft together. Maybe you can even make something for each other.
- Start a fire and sit and talk while drinking a $5 bottle of wine.
- Lay under the stars wrapped up in a blanket.
- Binge watch a TV show you’ve been wanting to see over some wine.
- Hop in the car and go for a drive to nowhere specific.
- Try to teach each other something the other doesn’t know.
- Go to a matinee movie. Too many of us don’t take advantage of matinee prices! Make sure not to buy any food or drinks when you’re there so as not to spend too much money. Just pay close attention if it’s Valentine’s Day that the prices aren’t raised because of the holiday. Then you can cook dinner together when you get home.
- Play truth or dare.
- If you’re lucky enough to have this near you like we used to, buy a $5 ticket to an outdoor theater and have a picnic and glass of inexpensive wine while listening to the music or show. (Again, this is more of a summer activity unless you live in a warm climate that has outdoor events at a place like this year round.)
- Paint something together.
- Pull up a YouTube video and learn how to do some sort of craft or inexpensive DIY project.
- Create your own game.
Some people really like the expensive night on the town. And that’s OK when it can be afforded.
But the point of Valentine’s Day is to celebrate with your love. So even if you have to scale it back just a little, you are still spending time with the person you love so I say any inexpensive date is still the right date 🙂 Don’t you agree?
Please comment with any other date ideas you have. And if you enjoyed this post, please share 🙂